View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 08:36 PM
Talula78
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Jen - thanks for posting on one of my boards earlier today
You're welcome! I had the time so I figured I'd help some boards that needed it. I'll try and visit your board again on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
There’s been over 1,700 cases and 41 deaths. I think most of the deaths are in Washington state. It’s getting insane here with people buying in bulk though. Toilet paper is out of stock in a lot of places. Schools here in Ohio are gonna be on an extended 3 week spring break. Major league sports are suspending their seasons. Movie releases are being pushed back. Disneyland is gonna close until the end of the month. So many other events and whatnot are pushed back or canceled for the time being. It hit the fan today.
It really did hit the fan the other day. OMG my work has been SO STRESSFUL! I've never seen it like that with the lines almost all the way to the back of the store! Total craziness. Since I was the only one answering phones today I kept having to reassure people that we get trucks every night with toilet paper and paper goods so we won't run out of stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
It's really scary these days.

In The Netherlands they also pushed back certain movie releases, and some items are real hard to find in the supermarkets. A lot of people started buying in bulk yesterday, when it got announced schools would close and when they asked people to work from home/avoid public spaces. Big events (of 100 and more) have been cancelled.

I do wonder when we'll see better signs. It got better in China, but as soon as a sick tourist enters the country the situation will just start up again imo. But we'll see.

Good thing Jos and I are introverts
It's very scary. I think it's good to implement all of these actions so our hospitals and doctor's offices have time to catch up to the sheer amount of cases they're going to be struck with on top of their already heavy load of pre-existing patients. It's just that it's happening so incredibly FAST. Haha, I'm an introvert as well so I don't mind being cooped up reading books and watching TV.