View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 06:41 PM
a fine mess
Fan Forum Star

I love the title. Indeed.

There are moms like Barb out there. And she wasn't afraid to speak her mind. She was brave to do it on national TV though. I don't think she's a bitch. She's a mother, maybe a little too strong willed and as we call them - 'helicopter' moms, but she has the right to voice her opinion like anyone.

I just don't agree with her. It's also a cultural thing. Since I am Chinese, I can tell you that a lot of my relatives who are just like Barb. In some cultures, children don't have as much freedom and they are expected to listen to their elders. I still live with my parents too, though did live on my own for about two years when I worked a bit farther away. I am back living with my parents now and I am older than Peter.

That all being said, I fully support Peter wanting them to trust him and his choices. That's a battle I fight from time to time too. Thankfully, my parents have become so open and understanding because I do often think differently than them. I grew up in the US, while they grew up in China so it is to be expected.