View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 03:01 AM
***BLONDIE***
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
I just restarted the series again. This show sucks me in everytime. Love when Pacey first started noticing her. So cute.
I just started rewatching again too.

I always love going back and watching because you always pick up on things, after the fact. My friend always said she wished we had seen Joey pining from a far like we did Pacey, before their kiss. I always tell her, we did. It was just different.

When we were watching Pacey fall in love with Joey without him even really realizing it (at first) it was seriously one of the best things ever. And it was exactly what Joey was feeling, but from a different perspective. For example, Joey's overreaction to Jen and Pacey and Andie calling Joey out, during the Valentine's Day Massacre episode, when she told her she sounded exactly like Her, right before she started dating Pacey. And why she was so upset when she thought Pacey was only around because of what Dawson asked him. She wasn't upset because she felt they traded her like a baseball card, she was hurt, because she was feeling a connection with Pacey as more then friends, she just fully didn't realize she was. Pacey was that same way, right before his talk with Mitch, during a weekend in the country. Up until that point, He knew he was spending time with her and finding her less repulsive and connecting more. That much he knew, but it didn't become really (REAL) for him, until that moment when he actually thought about what Mitch said and what Grams said and sat down by that fire and watched her sleep. That was his defining moment. The moment when it all made sense... that the whole time, he was in love with Joey. So yes, we saw his (REAL) realization first, but that doesn't mean, the whole time he was having confusion in the beginning, that Joey wasn't either. It's apparent she knew all along too, same as Pacey, but that first real kiss, that was her (sitting by the fire watching him sleep) defining moment. That is what awakened her. She even makes that clear when she said she was in love with him and knew it from the moment he kissed her and even before that. She knew it was before that, but that kiss, was when it all made sense... that the whole time, she was in love with Pacey.

At least that is how I see it. Oh how I love these two. I don't care how many years pass. They will forever be my OTP and when I watch them today, the way I did years and years ago, it still feels the same.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)